Not everyone believes me on this, but DC can invoke feelings of massive amounts of rage in people. Maybe it's the politics, maybe it's the astronomically absurd cost of living, or the
I had finished running errands and was approaching a stoplight and like the good citizen that I am, I decided to come to a full and complete stop. After I stopped, I noticed some pedestrians crossing the street illegally (there's some unwritten rule in DC that pedestrian's can cross the street whenever and wherever they please) so I decided to wait until they made it across safely (giving myself a pat on the back as I write this). Unfortunately, there was a very rude man in a Mercedes behind me that didn't appreciate my patience and attention to safety. He begin yelling, honking his horn, and waving his arms at me. Gee, I guess he wanted me to make a turn on red and run those people over. Maybe he didn't see those pedestrians or he just simply thought he was more important because he drives around a Mercedes (Newsflash Mr...Mercedes in DC are a dime a dozen, you're not special). At any rate, this invoked some serious anger inside of me that I had never before experienced. I didn't know what to do, I'm not used to feeling that way. I don't cuss so the next logical thing to do was put my fist up in the air and shake it around so the Mercedes driver would know that I meant business. That lasted a whole 5-6 seconds, then I decided it'd be best to put my fist away. I'm sure
I am happy to say that I'm almost 1-month "clean" of the DC rage and any lingering feelings of rage have started to dissipate.
Happy Tuesday!!!

DC allowed you to learn about rage, I think it was good for you!!! But I am glad you are outta there!!!!
ReplyDeleteHilarious and great writing! I can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteI think I've been laughing too much because now I'm crying!! I'm so excited to learn more about my sister :) And now I have all these wonderful stories to share with my boys when they get older. I think I'll start with the frogs...that's my favorite!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I have never laughed so hard in a long time. I saw Byron's e-mail directing me to your blog so I went and read all of your posts so far and laughed and laughed and laughed. You are going to give Leah a run for the money. She's a pretty hilarious writer as well but you were killing me. I love how your personality comes through, and I love the stories about you as a kid... the things you said are priceless. If I'm having a bad day and need a pick me up, I'll just come re-read your posts. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys!!:)
ReplyDelete