Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm Not Dying...I'm Just Unemployed

We moved recently to a small rural town in upstate New York and I left my soul-sucking rewarding job in the health field.  I needed a break to recover and have the energy again to want to help people. I'd like to think I'm currently in a detox/recovery program which involves a lot of Real Housewives, Teen Mom, Days of Our Lives, and Jerseylicious (all trainwrecks of shows, but they make me feel a whole lot better about my life)...please take note this is a judgement free zone.  Whew...good to let those secrets out.  The only downside is now I'll have to deal with the repercussions of my readership levels dropping from 2 people to 1.

Back to the point...being unemployed sometimes people treat you as though you have an illness or something devastating.  Lucky for me, the hubs has a career and I can take some time to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  In the meantime, I'm going to relax and enjoy the following..

Wake up wheneva I want to
Exercise at multiple times during the day
Watch the aforementioned tv shows (please don't make me name them again because I might reveal even more..)
Be attentive to my iphone games--word with friends, draw something, hanging with friends (gotta keep this mind sharp)
Get back in touch with my spiritual side
And last, but not least have a clean house (the par-tay just don't stop over here)

In other news...or I guess old news....

The photo below might look like I'm seriously injured...not to worry this is from a couple of years ago when I decided it'd be a grrrreat idea to use my face as a stopping mechanism while on a bicycle.  I'll leave out the gory deets, but it was not pretty.  Surprisingly, some people pay big buck-a-roos for lips like these and mine only cost a couple "benjamins" and a trip to the E.R.  Can you say S-C-O-R-E?!

I like to call this my full lip look.  Boy, that bottom lip sure does look volumptous voluptuous...I just might have to use my face for brakes again...I come from a long line of thin lipped people.   And desperate times, call for desperate measures...don't forget, I'm unemployed.

1 comment: