Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Me as a Kid--In the Flesh, No Imitations

Yours truly....Doesn't get much cuter than this.  Actually, it probably does---there's always Suri Cruise.  Who knew you could wear fuchsia corduroy overalls and a floral turtle neck.  Wow..AMAZING, if I do say so myself and I do.

I was an interesting child---#5 out of 6.   I am was attached to my mama at the hip.  She just couldn't shake me, but I'm sure she wanted to because I said/did some pretty embarrassing things back in my glory days.  For instance....

"Take that you bas!@rd!"  (Thank you, Princess Bride.. I believe I was being tormented by brother #3)

Mooning family members when I got mad, I guess that was my way of listening to Madonna and expressing myself.

"I bet they're getting the "sex" talk." (My response to my bff as to why my brothers got abruptly called inside... I think I was probably 10 or 11 yrs old here)

Making my own fashion choices--- My dad laid out my clothes for preschool one day and even at that age I knew there was no way I was going to wear a navy blue velour sweatshirt.  What to do, what to do??  I couldn't very well tell my dad no.  Nope, no siree...I grew up in a generation where kids feared listened their parents (at least for the most part).  My solution?  Blow my snotty nose into the shirt. Bingo, problem solved.

"Mom, it's p!$$ing out!! (Don't have a movie to blame this one on, but I was referring to my precious punctured pop can)

Peed my pants multiple times once at a family friend's house and they gave me some red butt ruffled undies to replaced my boring underwear.  Hellooooo, blessing in disguise!!  I loved these undies so much that I'd wear them and nothing else and shake my bum in the front window of our home. Can you say classy?  Keep in mind, this was one of the busiest streets in our small town....this was obviously before the "call CPS for everything era" began.

"Mom, Leigh pooped in the bath tub!!!!" (Sibling #4 to my mother...I guess I had a little toilet/tub confusion)

My grandma (the famous G.G) smoked and since she liked it so much I wanted to give it a try for myself. Again, knowing at the ripe old age of 5 that my parents would not approve, I decided to grab some cigarette butts off the side of the road for a test run.  Now, where to smoke??  How about behind the house?  In the bathroom?  Being the genius that I am, I decided to "smoke" them in the back of my parent's mini van on our way to a family gathering at who else, but my G.G's house.  Yes, you can say it out loud....BRILLIANT.  Take note, with 5 siblings you are never alone, NEVER!!  Can't remember which sibling, but the tattle-tail shouted out--"Ummmmmm Mooooommmm, Leigh's smoking in the back seat.  In the words of Bill Clinton, I did not inahle...
 
"Beyonce is vo-lump-tuos."  (It wasn't until my late twenties that I was corrected on this one by the hubs..I now know it's voluptuous, but I think my pronunciation/spelling is better.  I stand by it 100%.)


There you have it...that was/is me in a nutshell :)  Happy hump day!!




  

1 comment:

  1. These are by far all of my favorite stories you have told me through the years, as I kept reading I laughed just as I did the first time you ever told me!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete