Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Hot Mess


And I'm not talking about Prince Harry or Lindsey Lohan....I'm referring to yours truly.  My mind seems to be recovering from my DC debacle learning experience; however, the body ain't fairing (love the country talk?) too well.  Went to the physical therapist this past week to figure out why I keep getting stress fractures in my right tibia and he so kindly pointed out the following that is affecting my gait....

A mild curve in my lower spine --gee thanks, flashes me back to 6th grade locker room checks for scoliosis...that and the fact that the boys in gym class had moobs (man+boobs) bigger than my chest (talk about being self-conscious).

I walk funny--I think this is genetic, but that seems to be everyone's excuse.  I tried to tell the physical therapist that I'm originally from a little town near Gary, Indiana (used to be the murder capital of the U.S or so my brothers told me) and the way that I walk is simply my own personal swagger.  It puts the vibe out that I mean business.

In a dark alley, my left leg could kick my right leg's butt -- in other words, my left leg is like the incredible hulk and the right leg is like Bruce Banner (yes, I had to google his name) before he turns into the incredible hulk. 

I'm a little hard on myself and was about to give up on the whole running thing, but a recent encounter with a 9 yr old at Walmart reminded that I'm really as cool as everyone thinks I am.

I was walking around in Walmart minding my own business when I encountered this young man and ours eyes met...and then he did what's depicted in the pictures below.



#1.  He licked his pointer and pinky fingers (I don't think that's something I'd even consider doing at Wally World without a gallon of hand sanitizer).

#2.  He used those same saliva saturated fingers to groom his eye brows (Do what you got to do, I guess)

#3.  He made the Joey Tribbiani "how you doing?" face and pointed the aforementioned saliva saturated fingers directly at me (Please notice my full lip look...that right there, that's is all me..100% au nautrale, no fillers)

 I think I'm going to take his gesture as a compliment...could have been worse, he could have flipped me off.  In the words of another hot mess..Charlie Sheen...WINNING!!



1 comment: