Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Excuses are Like ______ Every Woman Has Some.

Feel free to fill in the blanks there...my word of choice and tonight's topic is cellulite.  It creeps up on you faster than a government employee at a table of freebies.  This topic is on my mind a lot....okay, not enough that I lay off the chips and ice cream, but enough to make me feel bad.  People assume that just because you're skinny means you are cellulite free.  And I'm here to tell you it's not true.  No matter what the air-brushed celebrity on the magazine cover promises you, don't buy any of that propaganda. 

The Truth (and I'm no expert...this is from a hard core scientific source called webmd)

It looks like hail damage or a drive-by has just taken place on your backside, but what is it?

"Cellulite is caused by fat deposits that sit side-by-side with tough collagen fibers that are anchored to the muscle beneath. When the fibers pull tight, or the fatty areas grow larger, the fat deposits may bulge out.  Cellulite is related to the structures within the skin, so even slender women are likely to have some cellulite. And if thin skin runs in your family, the cellulite you have will be more visible."


Don't you feel smarter now that webmd has dropped some knowledge on you?!  And it gets better...wait for it.....

"Cellulite is much more common in women than in men."
 Really?!  Doesn't the whole pregnancy/child birthing thing give us a free pass on the cellulite card??? Nope, the cards are stacked against us.

Aside from eating better and exercising or having too much money, I don't think there's much we can do...I say we suck it up and embrace it...make it a new fashion statement and take over the world. Who's with me?  No pictures please, I've got my own [cellulite].

Quote of the Day:
“Do you know what’s also a shame? When you sit down and your thighs squish out to twice their size. That’s a shame.”- Rose Nylund





 

2 comments:

  1. I especially love the "quote of the day".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. It only gets worse as you loose the underlying muscle tone.

    ReplyDelete