The only thing that gets me more mad than sand in the underpants (in my opinion, sand shouldn't be anywhere, but in between my toes), is
Please pause with me as I take a few deep breaths.
Inhaling through the nose 1....2....3....4
Exhaling through the mouth 1....2....3....4
Repeat 2-3x's or until your rage has subsided.
Okay much better now.
Ever been on the site urban dictionary? It's my go-to source for understanding today's culture(proceed with caution on here...there are a lot of things that people don't need to know). Once, I found out I was saying a phrase that could be deemed racially inappropriate. I heard snoop dogg say it and figured I could be one of the cool kids too. I believe the same brother that pointed out the true meaning behind Mary Jane's Last Dance was also the person that busted up laughing when I said the unmentionable phrase. Live and learn. Life Lesson #1,238,453: Before you say it, urban dictionary it. They also have words of the day. I really could have used today's word, touron, back in my DC days. Any guesses of the definition? Didn't think so.... it's tourist and moron combined. DC residents absolutely loathe fanny-packing tourists that invade the city every year. They even got my panties in a twist on one or two occasions. The hubs always says when you learn a new word make sure you use it often so you don't forget it. Please read the example below to fully understand the appropriate usage of touron. Your welcome.
For the love of all that is good and holy, tourons stand on the right, walk on the left (Please note that in DC you will be tarred and feathered if you neglect to follow this rule... true story).
In other news, I'm thinking about doing a 1/2 marathon in the Spring (Mom, thats 13.1 miles, not 26.2) Nice and flat and in Vermont. Just for fun. Something to look forward to... who's with me?!
My goal for the year is a 10k and so I think I'll have to pass on joining you for the 1/2 marathon. At my current distance of 2 3/4 miles (getting old and having your knees and hips hurt stinks) I'm a long way from 13 miles. And good luck with the insurance company.
ReplyDeleteI wish! I need a trainer. Someone to make sure I'm working out everyday:) Ask me in a year and I might be up for running around the block with you:)
ReplyDelete