Thursday, October 25, 2012

For All That's Good and Holy....

Talk about disrupting a routine, WEtv and Hallmark have done a number on me.  I think many will be blown away by this, but I don't watch t.v all day long.  Probably just an hour or two at the most. Even at 30 yrs old I still make my mom proud...I was a television junkie as a child.  Cartoons, game shows, soap operas (Days of Our Lives..woot, woot...but not approved by my mamacita), and sitcoms.  The addiction must have gotten bad enough because my mom used a "special" lock on the tv to prevent us from over watching.  Today, she'd be reported to CPS for that one.  And even with all that television, I'm quite certain I got more exercise than kids today (FYI:  According to the CDC, obesity has more than tripled in the past 30 yrs and in 2008 more than 1/3 of the children in the United States were classified as either overweight or obese).

I go to great efforts in order to fit in my favorite show, the Golden Girls, into my grueling schedule as a childless, stay-at- home-wife.  Props to me.  There are fewer things in my life that make me happier than hearing.... "Thank you for being a friend, traveled down the road and back again...Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant."  Not gonna lie, sometimes I fantasize about being old and living with a bunch of my good girlfriends and the trouble that we get into.  It'd be fun for a while... maybe my hubs could be our pool/lawn boy?  Guessing he wouldn't go for that, but I'll ask.  Stay tuned.  Due to a recent event involving the Golden Girls, my life has spiraled out of control.  Used to be that Golden Girls played every Monday evening on WEtv and then every morning on Hallmark (yes, I am pitiful).  In a world full of turmoil, (like will Kim Kardashian marry the ever humble Kanye West or is Lance Armstrong really a doper???)  I need some darn consistency in my life.  No such luck.  First, WEtv replaced my beloved G.Gs with Roseanne....Then Hallmark replaced them with Marie Osmond's talk show.... no bueno.  I've got nothing but love for a fellow Mormon, but that was the nail in the coffin for me.  As you can imagine, I'm currently trying to pick up the pieces after such devastating news.  There's probably a support group out there to cope with this.  I'll google it and get back to you.

Until next time...

If you could be any Golden Girl, who would you be?
 

2 comments:

  1. First let me say, "Yah!!! a new blog post." Seriously, I check every day and when your blog comes to the top of my "Blogs I read" list (so I know you've written a new one) I start smiling in anticipation.
    Growing up in a T.V. deprived house, I didn't get to watch a lot of shows. Thank goodness for babysitting jobs. After I put the kids in bed, I could watch T.V. and I loved the Golden Girls. Not sure who I would be, but I always loved Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that show too! My roommates from college and I have always said that when we got old we were all going to live together again like the Golden Girls. Yeah, we didn't really know what to do about the hubsters either. They could maybe live next door and show up occasionally to play the parts of our boyfriends.
    I think I'd be Sophia, she's a sassy gal! Truly, we probably all have a little of all of them in us and I guess that's why the show resonates so well!

    ReplyDelete