Sunday, September 23, 2012

Peanut Butter and Conditioner... A Winning Combo

Or not so much.... In 6th grade, my sister suggested that I lather my hair in peanut butter to help increase moisture and shine in my hair.  Looking back, I think I thought if I had nicer hair it might help land me a cute boy.  No dice...have you seen pictures of me from middle school??  I was ugly, and I'm not just saying that...just ask the hubs he will tell the truth.  Now, I think I'm fairly attractive, but back then I had nothing going on for me other than my witty/quirky personality.  Anyway, so I did as she said and coated my hair in PB...so much that it looks like a jar of peanut butter had thrown up all over my head.  Don't fret, I was smart enough not to use crunchy peanut butter.  I let it marinate overnight and then woke up late the next morning and was rushing around like a girl that lives in crazytown (oh, wait that's where I'm currently residing...just ask my family/close friends as of late).  Instead of washing it out with shampoo, I grabbed the conditioner bottle (please do not ask me what my ACT score was...).  My hair was wet when I went to school....and I figured it would eventually dry.

(Side Note:  My Mom went to work at some awful hour before school and my Dad might have thought it was a new trend... I think most Dads don't want to upset a 12 yr old late bloomer blossoming flower like myself).   

It never dried because it was still marinating in a quart of peanut oil.  During 3rd hour LaTonya T.  said, "What do you have a hangover or something?!"  Being the innocent and naive girl that I am was I had no idea what a hangover was.  After LaTonya (and no that is not a made up name to protect the innocent) explained to me that a hangover was a result of drinking too much... I was baffled.  I wasn't old enough to drink... but I guess I was old enough to look like I had downed a fifth of hard liquor the night before.

(Side Note:  I just found out last year what a fifth of alcohol was from a co-worker...Why you ask??? Because one of my clients was downing a fifth on a regular basis... I guess I didn't see what the big deal was because I thought it was 1/5 of a cup.  Wrong.... it's 1/5 of a gallon.  Wowzer, but after living in DC I know why people drink).

And just so you don't think I was a total dirtbag back then, please note I came straight home and washed my hair. 

And I do still listen to my sister for beauty advice...

Here's to a great week....hopefully better than last week. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment