Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Deer in the Headlights Facebook v2.0

Ever notice how women people on facebook like to post self portraits???  Let's just get this out there...I've got zero problems with posting a pic of yourself on FB.  I can understand the excitement of a new hair style (typically in my case just a cheap cut from Walmart) or simply the fact that you put makeup on and wanted to show the world that yes, you are still human and attractive.  What I do not understand is why in the world (witw) people choose to post the worst possible pictures of themselves for the entire social media network to see.  Don't get me wrong, I haven't won any awards for  Miss Photogenic, but wowzers I can spot a horrendous picture when I see one (and I'm from Indiana and have a degree in Liberal Arts so I'm probably not the sharpest crayon in the box).  Ladies, your picture SHOULD NOT look like a mug shot.  End of story.  For your viewing pleasure, I have decided to reenact some cringe worthy self portraits I've seen on FB.



"Weird Angle Shot"
Never post a pic that makes you look like you have a double chin.  No bueno.


 "High On Life Shot"
I don't care how good your hair looks, do not post a pic with dazed and confused eyes.


"Extreme Close Up"
No one needs to see your face that close..unless it's your significant other going in for a kiss (and if that's the case, you should have your eyes closed).


  "The Awkward Shot"
Um hello...look into the camera...with both eyes!

 
 "Deer in the Headlights Shot"
Snap out of it... this is never a flattering shot.


"The Smooch Shot"
 Post this and you can kiss your friends goodbye.


My dog, the Hinckster, has taught me everything I know about taking a good picture.  His number one rule is always take a shot from your best side.



4 comments:

  1. Amen....But even for "bad" pictures you still look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh...even when you are trying for a double chin you can't make one :)

    Love,
    Kynifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally funny. You nailed them and yet you still look totally cute in all of them!

    ReplyDelete