Saturday, November 10, 2012

Theme Song Edition

I ran 6 miles today and man, did I feel like an old lady at the ripe old age of 31  30.  That or the scale is lying and I weigh over 300 lbs...I just didn't feel like I was moving very fast.  As a result, I had plenty of time to think.  Who's afraid of being left alone with their own thoughts???? ME!


Lucky for me, I had my trusty iphone that supplied me with endless fist pumping beats (I made up raps as a child...let me know if you care to hear my demo tape...$9.95 and sorry, no CODs).  Even with Miley Cyrus blaring in my ears, those darn thoughts started creeping up and got me thinking that each and every person in the whole wide world should have their own theme song.  I mean couples have their own songs, why can't an individual have their very own song??  As I huffed and puffed and moved my crippled body along the back roads of our small town, I contemplated what my song would be....

I'm Every Woman--Whitney Houston
For the Love of Money (Money, Money, Moneeyyyyy)-- The O'Jays
Baby Got Back--Sir Mixalot


Hands down, I think it would be Graduate by Third Eye Blind.. I apologize in advance, there are some inappropriate words expressed during this song, but as I discussed in my last blog I'm a pro at plugging my ears. Not gonna lie, there are days were I wonder if I'll ever grow up and make something of myself. Stay tuned...but until then, I'll just fake it 'til I make it.  (I think that might be Obama's slogan too)

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for "the hair" picture! Glad that it is just theme songs that you think about while running.

    ReplyDelete