Monday, August 6, 2012
A Woman, the Japanese, and Glass Table Tops...Oh My!!
It's been said before individuals attract attention from others that are most like themselves... this scares me!! In my job as a health educator/coach and fitness specialist, I have encountered some pretty crazy situations that have made me question my own sanity. Tonight's story is no exception.
While manning a front desk at a fitness center, I met a lady (let's call her Betty Jean) interested in becoming a member of the facility. I went through an orientation regarding our services and amenities and thought Betty Jean would consider the options and return when she was ready. NOT that LUCKY.. Before leaving the facility, Betty Jean insisted that we hold hands while she said a prayer (don't get me wrong, I love praying--it's just there's a time and a place and this wasn't it ). She prayed for what felt like 5 solid minutes as people came in and out of the facility. Any guesses on her prayer list?
World peace? Nope
Health and well-being? Nope
Comfort and safety? Nope
At our first "prayer meeting" Betty Jean blessed the fruit of my loins that I might multiply and replenish the earth (is it any wonder that I'm infertile?!) and...
The Japanese (I was contracted to work for a company based out of Japan) would love and respect me as a leader, that I would move up in the company and receive many raises. Gee thanks, who knew I could make this much of an impression on people within 10 minutes?!
I didn't want to be rude so I just stood there lightly grasping Betty Jean's hands and trying to not to laugh at the crazy looks I received from patrons. After the prayer, Betty Jean went on to advise me to purchase a glass tabletop ASAP. Her reasoning...they are worth a lot of money. Hmmm, last time I checked glass was not a precious stone or metal. Anyone have any ideas here?
On that note, I'll call it a night...if you get a chance, fill me in on your crazy work stories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment