Thursday, November 8, 2012

Seriously, How Do I Get Myself Into This Mess????

The answer is...it's all me.  Yep, my life is anything, if not, comical.  Oh, and there's a whole lot of awesomeness going on here.  How do I know?  My mom.  She is always my biggest cheerleader.  I can still hear her in the stands screaming "Allllll riiiiighhht."  Aren't I lucky to have such a great mama???? Yep.  The verdicts still out on what kind of mom I'll be... If my children are anything like me, it's likely I'll be plugging my ears as they "attempt" to participate in a sporting activity.  I cannot handle the drama.  Once, my manager "accidentally" cut a fellow employee's hair with scissors while we were playing around at work... Immediately, I ran into the office area and crawled underneath my desk...got into the fetal position..rocked back and forth...and plugged my ears. I was scared of a throw down, but lucky for my manager we're all bffs and even have the necklaces to prove it.


Speaking of friends, I have great friends...all four of them.  My hubs and family members are great as well.  They are my favorite people in the world. You could say I'm a little bit obsessed with them..it maybe borderline unhealthy, but I don't care.  Now, I may just be really gullible, but I always assume two things about my friends and family.
1.  They love me no matter what and
2.  Our relationships reside in a judgement free zone

But, let's be honest...sometimes they have to be thinking "what in the world was Leigh thinking?"  For instance, my recent decision to get my hair cut at WALMART.  Yup, you read that right, WALMART (or as my G.G would say WALMARK).  The hubs told me not to, but I thought I'd try to save a buck or two.  My bad, I assumed everyone knew that before one uses a hair straightener, the hair must be dried all the way.  That would be a negative.  Not to mention my sweeping side bags are now very abrupt and blunt.  I can now feather them if I want to... I had similar bangs in 3rd grade.  I texted one of my bffs and said omg (oh.my.goodness) you won't believe my latest schemes to save money..I got my hair trimmed at Wally World.  She lol'd.  I could feel her camaraderie over the text and I knew she loved me all the same.

Then there was the time when I went for a pedicure with a friend and neglected to shave my legs for a few days beforehand.  I believe it was a 4 day streak of not shaving.  It dawned on me right when the pedicurist began massaging my appallingly long leg hairs.  AWKWARD.  In the words, of one of my nephews who is way cooler than me...EPIC FAIL.

Or the time that I thought Liz Claibourne was the same person as Elizabeth Taylor.  Nope...two totally different people.  Mind = blown.  Although in my defense, I think both of their clothing lines are in the same department store section...that would be in the old lady, overpriced section.

Another personal favorite scenario involved me giving away $300 to a random stranger.  Supposedly, (I'd still like to believe it wasn't a scam) she was stranded and pregnant.  After hearing her sob story, I went right into help mode.  I walked right up to an ATM and asked her how much she needed for a two hour cab ride home(yes, alarms should have been going off in my head, but they did not).  $300 was her response....and since, I had never taken a cab ride I was none the wiser.  Looking back that "cab ride" better have had a jacuzzi tub and a flat screen.  Who knows what she actually spent it on?!  Some people play the lottery(the hubs says the lottery is a tax for stupid people), not me I just give my $$ away to fake pregnant women.  To each their own.

Until next time....




3 comments:

  1. Pictures??? I want to see the hair.
    I once went to a $10.00 hair place, I was in college and trying to save money, and came a way with a mullet.
    Love the pregnant lady part. So, maybe you were a bit gullible but at least you have a big heart right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. May Katie forever remember the day I cut her hair and you hid under my desk! RIP Chunk of Hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the first time I cut my own hair. It is a good thing that hair grows.

    ReplyDelete